Here at Isabel Garreton we have many friends sending their little ones off to school in the coming weeks! It's a special moment, no matter how many years and how many kids you have. We thought we'd start the school year off right with a giveaway. Click to Enter your favorite look from our three beautiful cover girls, share on social media, and you could Win it!
Every family has its own back to school activities set, many become annual rituals and traditions, I share here some of ours
1) Clothes Shopping: A sure measure of how every child changes with time. What they love this year they wont the next, when finding a pink dress for your little girl is the most important until it is a purple dress that matters. Finding an animal friend they can take to school, like a kitty or an owl is fun for a while too. Then there are those unexplained fashion moments... like when my daughter insisted in going to school with her life jacket. I always wondered how to interpret that.
2) Choosing a backpack. Can also be mom vs Hollywood. Looking for sturdy, sensible or well made? likely the action figure of the moment or the heroine, (not many in that category), plenty of princesses will tend to win. What fits or doesn’t fit not always to the point the child makes.
3) Visiting the school: A big deal when its the first time going to that school. Reminds me of my youngest daughter, on our way I was mentioning to her the great things she would be doing in school until she replied..."don't forget I need time to do nothing!..."
4) Lunch and snacks: A tricky territory, my children insist the first time they wished they had a different mother was when their lunches were different from the other kids. Keeping it healthy along with a treat takes some dedication.
5) First day of School Picture: My favorite ritual. We did it simply, on our way with our new dress and backpack. Fun memories come from those images as they grow older. We have lived for many years in the same house, so it was always out the same door. Some people get super creative about it.
What I didn't mention is how I felt as I saw every one of my children walk away from me for the first time as they went to school. This image says it perfectly...
Does your family do something special? Or have any back to school activities that you remember? Do you remember how you felt the first time you dropped your child at school?
The weather is still hot and kids are consumed by summer activities but little changes are already happening. The flowers have all bloomed, everyone is trying to fit in that last summer vacation, and each day the first day of school gets closer. We at Isabel Garreton are also getting ready for the change of seasons...
We are also wrapping up the summer and kicking off the fall with complimentary shipping on our Spring Summer and Fall Winter styles in July.
Use code JULYSHIP for complimentary domestic UPS ground shipping.
Whether you are preparing for the neighborhood Labor Day bash and the last fireworks of the summer, or you've already stared getting backpacks and crayons ready (some for the first time), find in our site the perfect sundress for a hot summer day and first day of school outfit as the weather cools. Each milestone in our children's life is a special occasion, a memory to keep and share with friends and family near and far.
Each milestone in our children's life is a special occasion and a picture is a memory to keep and share with friends and family near and far. As the Summer changes to Fall, and Fall to Winter we are happy to provide the fun, beauty and elegance when needed, to keep every girl adorably dressed with the perfect outfit for memories of Picture Day, Halloween Parties, Family Thanksgiving, Fancy Winter Coats, and the portrait perfect Holiday dress!
Because Isabel Garreton has been working as a social enterprise for over 25 years, we have been blessed to see mothers become grandmothers, and daughters become mothers many times over through the pictures and stories they share with us. It is an honor to have the work of our artisans become treasured part of so many families. Every design in the Isabel Garreton collections was created to support the gifts of talented hand craft artisans who are at risk of disappearing, feel good knowing your purchase supports these women and their families. Learn more about our social mission:
Stay in touch to see all the new designs first and we honestly love it when you share your pictures and stories by tagging @isabelgarreton or #isabelgarreton via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-833-7768.